Renting offsite storage space can be advantageous to both big and small companies alike. With office rents rising, a dedicated warehouse storage facility can offer a perfect solution to businesses looking for either short or long term storage solutions.
In order to select the correct warehouse storage supplier, you need to ask yourself the following:
- What are you storing?
- How much are you storing?
- How long do you want to store it for?
- Do you require regular access?
Once you have established this, you can then ask about what the supplier can offer you. Things to look out for are:
- Security – How secure will you goods be whilst in storage? Is the warehouse that will hold your items in a good state of repair?
- Minimum contract – Is there a minimum time that you have to rent storage space for?
- Insurance – Does the supplier offer insurance policies for your goods?
- Hidden charges – Will you have to pay for anything extra such as utilities, rates or maintenance?
- Independent access – Can you access your goods yourself
- Goods forwarding – Can your goods be sent on to you?
If your business is one of the many e-Commerce stores operating in the UK, you may want to use a warehouse storage supplier to hold your stock for you. If so, you need to be confident that the supplier understands your needs, and that you can access your stock at short notice. It may also be worth considering using the storage supplier to fulfill your orders. Warehouse storage suppliers can match your business requirements as their are both big warehouse storage suppliers and smaller storage suppliers.
Many, including us here at TASS Enterprise Ltd, offer this service and it can prove to be invaluable, especially if your business is seasonal. So, if you’re looking for a warehouse storage supplier, why not give us a call or email us so that we can discuss your requirements further.